Hold Fast

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:1-2, ESV)

Name:
Location: Cochrane, Alberta, Canada

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I Know It's Been A While...

What a semester!

I have not had time to write anything, it seems. My first semester of seminary is over, and it's time to update a few things...

First, Erin's pregnancy is still going well. Her belly is getting bigger and her appetite is impressive. Unfortunately, the frequency of her trips to the bathroom has also increased... Not a night goes by where she doesn't stumble out of bed and stagger next door. Poor girl...

Life in Cochrane and at the seminary is a blast. I am loving every minute of it. The work is hard but fair, the professors knowledgeable and caring, the students sharp and congenial. I can't say I agree wholeheartedly with everything I've been taught, but I'm here to learn and that requires I face positions I might not agree with and seek to understand them. It's been a very worthwhile semester, in all.

Erin and I have been attending a new church over the last two months. It's called Symons Valley Community Church, and it is a church plant about a year and a half old. The church planter who's led the startup is a really gregarious and dedicated fellow, and his wife is a sweetheart. They are actively recruiting me to fill a hole that will open up in July when their current teaching / preaching "pastor" (a fellow student) leaves for other pastures. I would have very big boots to fill, and so Erin and I are praying about this decision.

I still intend to finish my series "To Answer Some Concerns;" I just haven't been able to devote the time to it yet. I will soon - there is one other, more immediate and sombre item I intend to address this week.

In short, God has been good and his grace has been more than sufficient. So stay tuned - if anyone's still out there....

1 Comments:

Blogger Pineapple Queen said...

STILL HERE! :P Welcome back to the blogging world :)

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home