Hold Fast

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:1-2, ESV)

Name:
Location: Cochrane, Alberta, Canada

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cancer As A Gift From God: John Piper's Testimony

If I had to name one book that had effected an utter change in my life, other than the Bible, it would be John Piper's Desiring God. (That book is available online at this link). This book defined, for me, a life lived to the glory of God. Piper is a pastor with a passion to glorify God, and his writings have been a great encouragement to me.

Recently, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. On the eve of an operation, he wrote an incredible meditation on God's will in his cancer. I'm happy to say that Pastor Piper's surgery went well, but my main point in this post is to point out his incredible, God-honouring attitude as he faced what might be a terrifying time for anyone.

I STRONGLY urge you to read his article here.

(H/T Centuri0n.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home