Hold Fast

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. (1 Corinthians 15:1-2, ESV)

Name:
Location: Cochrane, Alberta, Canada

Friday, September 15, 2006

The Lord Has Blessed Us!

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. (Psalm 127:3)

Thanks be to God! At 9:47 PM on September 8, 2006, Erin and I were blessed by the birth of our son, Caden Joshua Jones - 21 inches long and 8 pounds, 15 ounces.

It was a long labour - about 30 hours, actually. Erin began having contractions at about 4 PM on the 7th, and we went to the hospital at around 10 PM. They continued all night and all the next day until the doctors noticed, around 8 PM, that the baby was coming down the wrong way. That, and a minor fever that Erin had developed, caused them to opt for the caesarian section. I'm so, so proud of my wife, who's been through more than I could ever handle. She didn't really enjoy the whole experience, but there's no complaining about the result!

It was the first operation I had ever been present for (like my new look??) It was scary. I confess that I am a bit of a control freak, and I like having things under my own control. This was one of those times that I could not do anything but trust the Lord - and I think that's something God was teaching me through this. God was good; the doctors were very quick and efficient, and had the baby out in no time! I'm happy to report that Erin is recovering even better than expected, and that little Caden is healthy and strong.

It is such an indescribable joy to be a parent! Caden, to us, is the most beautiful creature God has ever made. Yes, he wakes us up throughout the night, and neither of us sleep much. Two nights ago he fussed from 1:30 to 5 AM, keeping us both awake... He is strong-willed, objecting strenuously whenever we change him or bathe him. But he's so adorable. It's just so cute watching him - he doesn't have full control of his hands yet, and when he wants to suck on a finger, he chases his hand with his mouth instead of pulling it to his lips. His eyes are so big and full of curiosity. And the expressions on his little face - well, just look at this picture!

Again - praise the Lord. He is so good.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D

12:15 PM  
Blogger jul said...

Congratulations!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Pineapple Queen said...

Aww, he is so cute. Congratulations!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have tears in my eyes!!!!! He is just adorable!!!!! Congradulations!!!!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh lala, jeff you look sexy in that outfit mate! Just kidding. Awesome to hear all is well with you family. Take care mate!

~ Jean-Francois

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home